Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Little Backgroud First...

I've been keeping a journal for a few months now. So let's catch up first:


Well, someone told me today that I should keep a journal because of what I am trying to accomplish in life right now. I have tried this many times at less poignant times in my life. What makes this time any different? What makes this time more important in my life? Oh yes, I know…

This coming Friday, May 25th, I will (more than likely) be offered my DREAM job. That’s right. DREAM. How many 22 year olds can say that? Hell, how many people in general can say that? Of course, MY dream job is not your dream job. MY dream job is few people’s dream job. It’s dangerous. As my mother so eloquently put it, “I have always taught you to run away from danger. And here you are running into it”. My father said he is so happy for me but at the same time so nervous. My brother just wants to make sure I won’t bust him for his recreational weed.

Let’s talk about how my boyfriend feels about this. He is amazing. I fall in love with him more and more each day that I am with him. Maybe we aren’t together physically everyday, but we at least talk everyday. We are connected…not in the gay, cliché way but we really see most things eye to eye. I try to be a good girlfriend. Sometimes I don’t know if I am but he’s still with me so I guess I am doing alright! At any rate, he has been more supportive throughout this entire process than anyone. He hasn’t known me the longest, but he knows me the closest. Does that make sense? Sure, my best friend knows me very well and honestly walked me through the beginning of all of this but sadly, we don’t get to see each other every day. He has been here for all the times I have freaked out for what he saw as no apparent reason, but in my mind, was a do or die part of life. He has also been there for my triumphs. He was the first one I called when I knew that I was going to get this job. He has held my hand as I start this new journey in life. It wouldn’t be the same without him.

I had to tell the people at the place I currently work that I was leaving before the people called for a reference check. I sat down in the office of the VP of HR and simply said, “Don’t hate me. Next Friday, I will probably be offered my dream job. They are calling today. Don’t hate me.” They were gracious enough to my face to say they couldn’t hate me for following my dream. Which is very true. Again, who can say they have their dream job?! Exactly!

No comments: