Monday, July 23, 2007

The Gym and a Follow-up Appointment

Today was my first day back with my trainer at the gym. It felt good. She had a C-Section so her incision and mine are the same. She knows my limitations but she also is fully aware of my goals. She knows what I have to accomplish at the academy. It’s nice to have someone to push me but know my limits.

I ran for the first time since surgery. Granted, it was for only 5 minutes, but still, I have to start somewhere. I also was on the elliptical for 30 minutes. And back on the treadmill for another 15 minutes. Not too bad. Then the trainer and I did weights. Again, it just felt SO good.

It really motivates me after a work out. I WANT to eat good. I WANT to do it again. I WANT to be able to sweat like that the next day. I WANT to be able to run again. I love it.

________________________________
I have a follow up appointment tomorrow morning. At first, I thought I had to be put asleep and them put some scope down my throat. Well, I talked to one of the nurses and I was informed that all I had to do was drink a formula (while there, not the day before like a colonoscopy). I asked the nurse if I needed to bring someone with me to drive. He said no. And I asked him if he was sure. He said yes.

Ok. Great! No anesthesia! I told MKJ via text message:

To him: The guy said it was just drinking some solution and then taking pictures. Just like when I was in the ER.
Him: So it is not endoscopy…no tubes down the throat.
To him: I know that now. Bt that is what I thought it was originally.
Him: Gotcha…I would like to go to the eye doctor. (He was saying something about needing to go soon.)
Me: Then do it. (Can you tell I was a little agitated?)

It picked up later in the afternoon:
Him: May stay here tonight…what are we doing tomorrow? (He was referring to accompanying me to my appointment.)
Me: Figured you would. Dinner. (Dinner was the answer for what we are doing tomorrow.)
Him: No on dinner, but yes on plans tomorrow and leaving from your house. (He has to go out of town early Wednesday.)
Me: I meant dinner tomorrow.
Him: I’ll call you in a bit.

I think he knows I am pissed. All of a sudden, as soon as he knows I don’t have to be put under, he thinks he doesn’t have to go. Well, actually, he doesn’t HAVE to go. But I continually get nervous going to those things. I mean, it could be bad news. It could be good news. I guess I just want someone to share it with. I have a feeling that the conversation will go like this, “No, you don’t have to go with me tomorrow. It’s ok.” “OK, I won’t.” UGH! Oh well.

I guess I just need to put on my big girl panties on and deal with it. I can do that. Already over it and it hasn’t even happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by