Friday, May 9, 2008

The Letter

In the post before last, I mentioned a guy I work with which whom I have began to have feelings for and vice versa. Well, for some reason, I have a tough time telling him face to face what my feelings are. And what's going on with us. And what I want out of this. And all of that. So, instead of just keeping it all to myself and bullshitting around it when I talk to him (I am like a high school kid again--giggle and not really answering questions)...I wrote it all out. I wrote him a sort of letter. A note. A three page typed memo. I know it sounds so unromantic and selfish and silly, but he has a right to know just as much as I do. And he has already told me his feelings. So it's fair.

He read it in front of me (which I said was ok). And he got done and said, "Wow." He smiled at me like he has never smiled before. Then, of course, he had to go to a call. He told me later that he read it probably 3 more times that day. And he admitted that he is sensitive to what we have going on...and he got a little choked up on it. He said it was a lot of emotion in the note and wasn't expecting it all.

Honestly, my chest was so tight after giving it to him. I couldn't take a deep breath. I tried and tried and it just couldn't happen. I was on the verge of tears. I had no idea why. I told him my chest was tight after giving him the note. And he said his was too...from reading it.

He keeps telling me I have pretty eyes. Yesterday's greatest two texts "by the way, your eyes are by far the most beautiful things I have ever seen". The other one was referring to when we kiss: "When we do, I'm not at work anymore...more like heaven." HOW DO I RESPOND TO THIS??? It makes me want to be with him so much more than I am worth. It hurts. But I love it.

I know I've said it before, but WHY CAN'T I HAVE HIM? Why couldn't I have found him first? I still love my boyfriend will all my heart. To death. Forever. But it's. just. different. . .

1 comment:

Fire Safety Grants said...

Hello,

We just launched our new PoliceOne Blog Directory and we would like to feature your blog on it! In exchange we would like you to post a link to PoliceOne.com in your "Things I look at Everyday" section of your blog.

Please email me back if you are interested in this exchange. Here is the link so you can view our blog directory: http://www.policeone.com/law-enforcement-blogs/


Best,
Darcy Carroll
darcy.carroll@praetoriangroup.com