Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wow, I've been a slacker on keeping this up to date

Well, allow me to apologize for not maintaining my site. It's been a crazy few months.

September: Went to the police academy. Met some great people. I did great on my first three tests. Then week four came...

October: Week four: driving and firearms qualifications. Let me say, I kicked some butt on driving. We had to drive the course between 4:00 and 4:30. I did it in 4:03. The fastest times for the females! Firearms: I failed. Yeah, I failed. Horrible day. Never felt like I had let so many people down in my life. I will tell you one thing, the girls I had met there were wonderful...they took my keys from me and packed up my car while I was in the office doing the un-registration paperwork. I will always love them for that.

November: I was in training, waiting for a spot to open up at the academy for me to go back.

December: Went back! Aced firearms (200/220). Met more people who were just as great.

January 11th, 2008: I graduated from the academy. Both sets of parents came. And so did my best friend and her fiance! It was great! And of course my wonderful boyfriend was there too! I have never seen him so proud! It was a wonderful feeling.

I have been in training since graduation and up until March 11th. I had my release board and was set out on my own. OH MY GOSH, are they sure they know what they are doing??! HA.

I have been at Radar Certification class the last two days too.

Ok, I know it's been a very rough catch up, but it's pretty accurate. Yes, I saw some great things while I was in training (shootings, fights, assaults, CDV, good stuff like that) but now it is my turn to see it on my own.

I'll try to keep this more up to date. I promise. Don't hate me!

Take care and be safe out there!!!

No comments: